Velvet Culture on YouTube

Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Day in Aspen, Colorado, United States

A few weeks ago I took a trip to Aspen, Colorado. I didn't know what to expect when I got there, but I have seen plenty of photographs and was excited. I imagined Aspen as a small place, with a lot of people walking around interacting. I thought about coffee shops, small restaurants and other places for people to meet up.


I didn't enjoy my time in Aspen at all. Everything is overpriced and it's rather boring. The ski/snowboard slopes close at 3:30pm. Once the slopes close there is a few places to occupy, such as a handful of bars and restaurants. Unless you go to Aspen with a group of people, I would suggest skipping this location.


In my opinion, the best part of the entire trip was the drive. I left from Denver and drove west on a scenic route. Along the way the mountains grew taller until I felt I was inside of them. Although I did not enjoy my time in Aspen, I may visit again in the late future.

No comments:

Post a Comment